[VAC] Re: Tanks for everything

Ray-
Jim has a good point about predetermining your needs for tanks. I am single
on the road and sometimes boondock at fairgrounds where no hook ups are
available, and ANY kind of dumping is seriously verboten and easy to detect,
if one thinks about being sneaky (and could never bring myself to do as it
would be a Bad Reflection on ANY Airstreamer). One shower, one dish washing,
and a couple of toilet flushes really fills my black water tank. I elected
not to install a gray water tank last year, and still may not, however. How
do I cope? At a fair ground there are lots of bathrooms and porta-pottys (or
Donnikers as circus folks calls them), use paper plates, or eat out, and
shower when you smell worse than the elephants! Oh, did I mention I'm a carny?

With some scouting around you many find your boondocking situations not so
unlike mine. Shorter coaches drive well enough on short distances with a load
of black water, but I'll let you know that I beefed up the tank hangers for
the peace of mind over engineering brings. Remember I'm usually alone on the
road. If you're lucky(?) enough to have a spouse with you, your sewage needs
may preclude my situation.

But other than those very few times of boondocking, I'm in a campground with
full hook ups, and NEVER miss not having a gray tank.

Maybe others can tell of their actual boondocking scenarios. The long
abandoned (and probably just as well) practice of gopher holing is supposed
to have originated on the eastern Canadian caravan during which the WBCCI was
originated. An actual gopher hole was allegedly employed. Legend has it that
later on the factory available Gopher Hole Cover plate became the palate for
lots of folk art painting and decoration. At least this is what I have heard.

On a barely related topic--
 I have been thinking of hosting a VAC rendezvous in Indianapolis near where
I-65 & I-70 intersect, with high visibility for the public to see and visit
Airstreams, not unlike a vintage car show; in a wagon wheel campsite
formation on a grassy lot.  But this means weekend long boondocking at least,
and a long way from any dumpsite. Would a honey dipper service that came on
the last morning of the event for pump out service be a good Idea? Or needed?

Your thoughts gang?

Alex (high and dry) in Indiana
66 Safari & Overlander
8728