[VAC] Re: Info On Engines Please

Thanks to everyone for the great input on engines!
As a poor carney, I must plan such expenses way ahead of anticipated need.
Also, I am a cheap trailerite, but not pound wise and penny foolish. I love
to spend money after thinking about it a couple of times. It's surprises that
I hate. Feel free to write more on the topic, I'll take all the advice I can
get!

The Idea of timing chain checking/replacement and the subsequent valve timing
analysis seems a clever and conservative idea, and would tell lots about what
and how much engine is left. A Compression check is definitely in the works.
I still use "Old Fashioned" oil, probably due to my ignorance of synthetics
and I can get it most anywhere cheaply. Also long as someone will sell me
Valvoline I guess I'll buy it. Opps and yes That's three thousand miles
between changes not 30K as I mistyped!

The Alternator, Starter, and Water Pump are all new last winter, as I
prepared for the season of 2001, and had a dealership tune up, and trannie
filter change and flush out. New belts and hoses too. I was satisfied with
the results.

I actually think I heard a power steering pump noise for the first time
today. Didn't check levels yet.

I will admit to a wee bit of settling in the rear leaf springs but just
barely. This truck Pulled much bigger new Airstreams, than it is currently
asked to handle. It's getting spring work done as I write this by a very good
shop. And I'll put in new shocks all around just for good measure.  I was
going to change the Differential oil after the spring job is done. So thanks
for the advice there, guys.

This is the time of year for us carnies to get ready for spring, camping and
traveling.
Sound investments now makes for a more secure season down the road.

Thanks again gang!

Looking forward to spring

Alex In Indiana
66 Safari & Overlander WBCCI 8728