[VAC] CBs & other communation

Hi Airstreamers
So I have a topic that I have not read on the list before.

Commination while actually moving down the road.
I know about checking the e-mail at the campground or stopping at a library,
& almost everyone carries a cell phone..... What do you folks use for a CB
stand-by channel? Does everyone just listen to the constant chatter on # 19?
When I see another Airstream on the highway, I would like to be able to
switch to the "stand-by Airstream CB channel" for an impromptu conversation.
Also, what about on Caravans or at Rallies?

I'm a member of a few BMW motorcycle clubs known for long distance travel,
one club uses some of our dues money to support a 800 help line for us
members on the road. This 800 line will tell us the same information as our
member's directory, but it also supports a 24 hr telephone "message board"
so if we get separated from our traveling partners or if a family member at
home needs to get in touch with the traveling biker a message can be left on
the voice mail for a period of 24 hours, all the biker needs to do is
remember to check the 800 message board for a message & use his/her ID #. Ya
I know, that paragraph isn't about CBs, for CB commination, we decide on a
stand-by channel at the beginning of each trip.

I'm not suggesting we start up a 800 number, but what do you use for the
CBs?

Thanks in advance
John & Cindy Young