[VAC] Re: '58 Overlander Electric Brake Wiring/Brake Options

Greetings Jim!

I can't say earlier than '64, but the literature that came with my '64 Overlander indicated that electric brakes were standard on only one of its axles - - the brakes for the second axle were optional.  This seemed to be borne out by my rig as there was a notation in the materials that brakes were installed on the second axle in '69 to pass state safety inspection.  This situation could have been true only with early '64 Overlanders or it may have been true for a longer period of time.  In a way I guess this makes some sense as the Overlander had only had standard tadem axles for a short time (about 3 years).  What I am reporting is only based on reading materials that came with my trailer - - it has had 4-wheel brakes as long as I have owned it.

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban