[VAC] Re: Solar power

Dick,
  Your trailer is all wired for 12VDC now; the 120VAC wiring is for the
receptacles and power for the converter (think: great big battery charger).

As it is now, everything works exactly the same whether connected to
shore power or not, with the exception of any 120VAC appliances.

Our choice was not NOT CARRY any 120VAC appliances at all. The only
exception is a small electric heater to save on propane IF we're
connected to shore power. We do have a small portable inverter to run
the laptop if needed.

As Gerald said, the idling current of the inverter will kill you, and to
not good reason anyway. If you leave the wiring alone, all lights, the
pump, etc. are already running on 12VDC.

                            <<Jim>>