[VAC] Re: Acid washing

ken - it can be recovered, polished and still end up a
mirror - it's just a little more work - the alclad may
be gone, or thinner, and since that's pure aluminum,
it renders a deeper "color" when polished and may
appear brighter in(and for) a shorter period of time.
AlClad oxidizes more quickly.  I've sanded some
particularly bad panels and have achieved a mirror on
them, but I wouldn't recommend that kind of effort to
anyone else.

if it's a good trailer, I wouldn't stay away from it
only because it's been acid washed, but that's not the
best thing to do to a vintage airstream -

Toby