[VAC] Re: replacment heater

There seems to be a variety of opinions on heater. I will always go with that which is safest, not economy, looks, or efficiency.

To me a furnace has to burn outside air and completely separate combustion chamber from living space. A cat heater does not do this. It also does not efficiently heat the air, it uses radiant heat.which is a fire hazard Catalytic heater are not legal in Oregon, and no RV manufacturer in any state sees fit to use them instead of a standard furnace.

A standard RV propane heater, regarless of brand, has the safety I require... heats the living space air, and since the airsteream vent heat to the wast tanks and warter lines it prevents freeze damage. Installed per manufacturer's instruction and maintained properly will provide years of safe and comfortable operation. If modifications are reqired to install in your RV, have a qualified/experianced professional installation done. There are millions of people traveling, vacationing, and full timming in RV's with standard heating systems safely.

With two identical RV deep cycle batteries (of the same age) I can boondock in winter at ski resorts for 3 days and two nights with no power problem. I then use a small/quite 600W  generator to charge up when needed for longer stays or when I have used the 7000w inverter to run some 110v appliances. (microwave, and I like having my MrCoffee timed for when I get off the ski slopes)