[VAC] replacment heater

Hi all,
I am in the process of replacing my heater in my 64 Globetrotter.  All
of the talk about sputtering heaters really made me concerned that mine
might not be up to snuff.  So I pulled mine apart yesterday and
discovered that mine was not original and that the venting was
completely hacked.  Literally with duct tape and baling wire!  The
heater itself is very rusted and does not work consistently.  Needless
to say it is now in the trash!

I have been doing some searches of the archives and the web and am
trying to decide between a standard propane heater and a catalytic
heater. I like the idea of the catalytic heater because it is zero
clearance and fuel efficient.  I do not like the idea that most of them
are not vented!  I want a vented heater.  I have looked at the Platinum
Cat heater (http://www.omnicast.net/arnie/profile.html) and the Olympian
(http://www.uscatalytic.com/).  The Olympian is not vented.  This really
bothers me because of the potential of accumulation of inefficient
combustion byproducts as the product ages and the issue with
condensation build up in the trailer.  I could replace with the standard
Suburban or Atwood heater. They seem pretty reasonable albeit not
terribly attractive....

 I have searched the VAC archives and have found a couple of emails on
this topic.  I guess I am looking for any more comments that anyone has
on heaters....
  I am looking for comments on heater choices.  Specifically, energy
efficiency, ease of use, industrial design etc.

thanks!
leslie
64 Globetrotter