[VAC] Re: MEK

Hi Tom,  I would be somewhat careful with the MEK as it may have an acid
base and will not only remove the silicone but also your clearcote. Might
want to try it on a section that is not very visible in case it doesn't
work.  It seems to me I read in one of the earlier discussion groups about
somebody using peanut butter to remove silicone...yes, peanut butter believe
it or not!! Haven't tried it but it  is probably is worth a go!!

As for your earlier e-mail on your gas problem in your refridgerator, it
sounds to me like the orifice in the burner might be blocked with sooth,
dirt, whatever. Sometimes soot will shake loose from the flue and drop into
the burner or some other critter ie spider may have gotten into it.  Might
be worth sticking the nozzle of a vacuum clearner on the top of the burner
if this is possible...otherwise you will need to remove the orifice and soak
it in varsol...apply some air pressure. When the burner is working properly
you should see a blue flame coming from the top of the burner. The
thermostat at the front will raise or lower the size of the flame.

For consideration.

Greg