[VAC] Re: Fridge problems

Tom,
  You might spend some time at http://www.rvmobile.com, looking in their
Tech area.

It sounds like the burner is clogged up. Fortunately, it's not too bad
to remove if it's like the one in our '68 Globetrotter. When you have it
out, attempt to clean the orifice, which is a TINY hole, just below the
burner itself. I used Carb Cleaner and 100 PSI air to clean the orifice;
do NOT use any kind of tool or you'll ruin it, and parts are probably
not available. Even the little sparker wheel is no longer available, and
that's a "wear item". I replaced the flint wheel dealy with a piezo gas
barbecue retrofit kit from the hardware store, it worked much better.

If the flame isn't high enough, it won't heat the thermocouple enough to
hold the gas valve open. There is no "pilot light", the burner flame
modulates up and down according to the amount of cooling required.

                               <<Jim>>