[VAC] MEK

Hello friends: I have been working on multiple issues with this 69 Tradewind.
 I have found that the previous owner used alot of silicone sealer all over
the outside vents and around windows.  I have heard from you all that it is
very difficult to get this stuff off.  I have a friend who works at a local
Air Force base and he actually spends some of his time on the crews that
clean the skins of the F-16 fighters.  I asked him how they do this cleaning
and he said they use MEK or Methel Ethel Ketone.  He says this is very strong
so you have to be protected from fumes and it touching the skin but that it
has been used on planes for awhile with good results.  Anybody used any of
this or have any ideas on how to clean silicone sealant off of AStreams?
Oh...he is going to bring me a small sample that I will try out ( after I get
my mask and gloves) and let you all know if it works.
Tom Fairbank
69 Tradewind