[VAC] jTambour doors

In repairing the broken tambour doors I used some construction adhesive in a
can that Lowe's had.  It wasn't aerosol but was one that you had to tilt &
press the spout on top.  It was kind of thick so I took my fingers and
spread it on the cloth.  (it washed off with water) The cloth was thin
cotton material from scraps that I had on hand. The breaks were where I
could reach them ok. I would take a piece as wide as the door was and just
press it all along the back of the door.  Knowing that there might be
another break soon since it was already brittle.  As far as the glue being
pliable, I sure hope it will be.  It's been about a year and it seems ok,
although I've had more breaks on areas that I haven't fixed, so I'll have
more repair to do. I have one break that will be impossible to get my hand
back there to fix so I don't know what I'll do to fix that one.  It's on the
large door below the stove, right in front of the furnace.  I haven't taken
anything apart to fix them.  I don't know if I would have the know-how to do
that.  I do know you can buy the rolls and replace them. Maybe someone in
the group could tell you more.  I know there is an Internet site where you
can buy it. We have sure enjoyed ours.  It's really in good shape inside
except for those doors and it's something we will have to be careful with.
Dana in TEXAS