[VAC] Re: Accumulator and filter

Stuart, I'd advise against putting your new flooring under all the cabinets
and bulkheads. You will be buying yourself a lot of work. If your '65
Tradewind is like my '68 Tradewind you will have to shorten everything by
the thickness of your new T&G flooring less the height/thickness of whatever
floor covering was there originally. The bulkheads are secured  at the floor
and ceiling as well as by the aluminum tracks. If you do not shorten the
cabinet holding the sink, you may find that the drain can't be reconnected
to the P trap, for example.

Airstream dealers or Inland RV may have the plastic beading (can't recall
the correct technical name) in terracotta color -- I don't know about
colors. My trailer had white and I used white weather stripping from Home
Depot. The bead was slightly larger but it worked and looks fine.

I had the best luck with the wipe on satin finish polyurethane on the new
ash bulkheads that I made and for refinishing the original ash cabinet
doors. I did not want a glossy finish on my cabinetry but that's a matter of
personal preference.

An accumulator tank can't hurt if you have a place to install it.

My opinions -- yours may vary.

Happy New Year to all. We are getting snow in Atlanta today.

Jim Greene