[VAC] Re: Accumulator and filter

Dear Airstreamers and Joe Insigna,

Joe, You'll find that few will regard your questions as a nuisance. We are
restoring a '65 Trade Wind Twin 24' and we may have overburdened some with
all our question about the couch restoration but eventually we got most of
the info to fix it. It is way more complex than people think.

Do any of you have the "Shureflo" accumulator as part of your plumbing
system?? We've replaced our old worn out and trashed original pump with a new
"Shurflo" pump but we haven't decided to install the accumulator. Should we?

We will install a thin (5/16th) t&g hardwoodfloor at some point in our
restoration. We'd like it to go under all the bulkheads. Has anyone done
that? Putting it under our couch, beds, and kitchen cabinet will be no
problem as those will all be out shortly. The bulkheads look more difficult
to remove and raising the floor up a tad will certainly affect how it goes
back in. We'll guess that the bulkheads will have to be undercut the near
exact amount of the new floor. Should we leave a small gap at all the edges
for expansion? Should we get it under the bath elements or not bother there?

In our restoration process we removed carefully the terracotta colored vinyl
mouldings. Our trip to "Home Depot" came up empty on finding a new
replacement. These mouldings are barely visible and are stapled to the
various shelves and cabinets before installation. Whose got that?

We've tried Varithane, Defthane, Polyurethane and one other finish on our
original Phillipine ribbon Mahogany woodwork. We are having the best overall
results with the gloss Polyurethane. Anyone want to comment on that??

Thanks so much, Stuart and Bonnie.