[VAC] Re: winter towing

I believe Don's demo on that; I don't have to verify it further.  Besides,
I had plenty of experience (involuntary) on glare ice in Ohio.  I once slid
on a road while moving only about 5 mph because of the drainage "hump" in
the center of the road.  No fun.

>You may or may not want the trailer brakes to 'lead' the tow vehicle
>slightly, but you sure don't want the brakes to lock up.

Right...and on ice, a small perturbation can break the tires from the
road.  Then  you don't have any braking., and it's more or less irrelevant
whether the brakes are locked.  Of course, as you regain control, you want
to be sure the brakes are not activated at all, so that your wheels wukk
begin to roll again ASAP, regaining rolling friction, however small that
may be on ice.

- Dick
(5368)