[VAC] Re: 1958 Globetrotter...

Hi Tom and Linda,

Three ideas come to mind immediately.
1 - The most comprehensive source of data on Vintage Airstreams may be
obtained directly from archives collected by Tom Patterson.
2 - If you'd like to be part of a discussion with others who own Vintage
Airstreams, the place to go is the VAC email discussion group.
3 - Occasionally, two owners of Vintage Airstreams with "instant messaging"
on their computers get together and share solutions on a specific topic.

The archives include over 30,000 postings and cover every topic imaginable.
Solutions for problems with ANY AGE of Airstream may be found on this site.
Click the "search" icon. The topics of winterizing and electricity are well
covered.  This website should be put on your computer's "favorites" toolbar.
Go to: >>  http://www.tompatterson.com

The VAC daily email discussion group is available to anyone with an interest
in Airstreams. It is open to the general public and may be joined by merely
subscribing to it. Go to: >>  http://airstream.net/vaclist/listoffice.html

The same goes for the Vintage Airstream Club. Anyone may join as a "friend."
Use the above web site for access to doing that. Those who own a Vintage
Airstream and join as "regular" members ($10) have access to the VAC
archives and receive the newsletter.

There is a general Airstream email discussion group for owners of any age
Airstream. To subscribe, go to the website and follow the directions. It's
at:  >>  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/AirstreamList/

As for details about the 1958 Globetrotter, there are members on the VAC
email discussion group who own the exact year and model (or very close to
it) as your daughter and son-in-law. I'd suggest they join the group and
read the daily emails long enough to get an idea of how it works and then
ask away. I'm sure answers will be forthcoming.

While at the VAC website, go to the pictures sections and look for a 1958
Globetrotter (or thereabouts). Who knows, a picture may be there with the
owners standing in front of their 1958. If they have an email address and
subscribe to the VAC email discussion group, this would be a good contact.

> Thanks for any help you can offer us, or to anyone you can send us to that may
> be able to answer our questions.  If you would like to welcome Cindy and
> Richard into Vintage Airstreaming, their e-mail address is...
> rcollins@sover.net

Hi Cindy and Richard,

Welcome to Vintage Airstreaming. It's an exciting lifestyle for restorers of
these fine old vehicles. There are hundreds of us who subscribe to both
email discussion groups. Most members check their email several times a
week even while traveling.  Travelers may check it more or less often
depending on phones jacks being available. The reason I mention this is to
alert you to what may seem like a time delay between asking questions and
getting answers.  If a week goes by and your question isn't answered, ask
again.

> We will be going to Florida the middle of January until mid-March and will
> look you up in the vintage section at Sarasota.

Tom and Linda, it'll be great to see you at Sarasota. Our plan is to park
with the handicappers. There will be other VAC members with us in the same
section. Many more will be in the vintage section. If you haven't considered
arriving in time for early parking, I'd encourage you to do that. Even then,
there will be many who arrive a day before early parking starts. They will
boondock in the fairground parking lot outside the gate. As you know, an
Airstreamer who arrives on time is late (grin).

> Terry, please say hi to Sandie for us.  We wish you a wonderful holiday season
> and we hope to see you "Down the Road". Tom and Linda Holloman  WBCCI #1115

Sandie says hi right back to you. Both of us are well. Our two kitties are
enjoying the warm weather and watching birds out the back window. The truck
and trailer ('78 Ford Van and '77 31' Airstream) are still going strong.

We've been visiting my mother in Jensen Beach, FL.  Our two weeks at the COE
Campground (8 campsites) beside the St. Lucie Locks in Stuart, FL is from
Dec 15-28th, then it's off to Paradise Park for New Years eve. Enough of the
mundane.

Enjoy the holidays, stay sharp and drive smart,

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net