[VAC] Re: Rims split and otherwise

Alex,
 Have a look at the wheels on my forklift:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/jdunmyer/airstream/may27_06.jpg

and:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/jdunmyer/airstream/may27_07.jpg

That's what split rims look like. And, you're right, they can be man
killers; I knew a fella who was killed by a truck rim while inflating
it. They're safe enough once inflated, but can be VERY deadly when
you're first airing them up. I do the wheels on my forklift myself, as
it's about impossible to find someone who will work on them.
Fortunately, I had a guy show me a couple of the tricks long ago, and I
use a remote inflation setup so I don't need to stand real close while
airing them up.

No, I won't tell you the tricks, don't ask. :-)

                                                <<Jim>>