[VAC] Re: Feedback on Ford E150 Tow Vehicle

Hi Jeff,

Just be sure that it has a large engine.  351 equivalent, NOT a 302.  You would do better to get a 3/4 or 1 ton van.  Conversion vans are relatively heavy.  You need enough power to pull a load of people, the van and the trailer.

I had a F-150 pick up with a 302 V8.  It was totally inadequate for a 1963 Overlander (26 ft).  I now have a long wheelbase, 3/4 ton Chevy with a 350 V8 and it tows great but would really like more power still.

Ford 150's are set up to ride like cars.  When you go to a larger truck, you get heavier springs, larger brakes, bigger tires (16") more cooling for the engine and radiator and a heavy duty drive train.

You won't go wrong with something bigger.