[VAC] Towing in the Bay Area?

Hi,

Many thanks to those who sent advice and suggestions
to me regarding my query for an Airstream within my
$2750.00 budget.  Fortunately, I was able to find a
quite suitable 1970 31' Airstream Sovereign.

Now I need to find a way to move the trailer from it's
curent location in South San Francisco to it's new
home in the Palo Alto area.

I've called several towing companies and prices range
from $175 - $200  for the 30 - 45 mile tow.  It also
looks as if I could rent a truck from U-haul capable
of towing a 31' ft trailer for between $20 - $40 per
day.

However, I'm a bit tapped out, and scared of towing a
31' trailer on my own.  I would feel a lot more
comfortable if someone more experienced were available
to help me.

Therefore, I would like to offer my services as brute
labor in exchange for help towing my  trailer to the
Palo Alto area.  In particular, I thought I might be
able to help you polish your Airstream, which, by all
accounts, is a laborious, time-consuming task. I'm
also open to other tasks you may have.

I don't yet know exactly what the GVWR is, but I
expect it to be less than  the 31 'ft. Excella 1000
which has a GVWR of 8300 lb and a hitch weight of 690.
 Aside from fixed appliances, the trailer is empty. I
have until January 5th to move it.

If this is something that interests you, please let me
know.  Also, I would be grateful for recommendations
to towing companies in the Bay Area that you've been
happy with.  Thanks for any help you may wish to
provide.

Chris

--
Web: http://www.openknowledge.org/