[VAC] Re: Polishing Tours/mistakes

When I started my "polish project", I didn't want to shell out and then find I had the wrong stuff and I made the rounds of the various cutting compounds for paint shops... I found the 3M line to be good stuff... Available in several different cuts...

The Rolite polishes have a lot of things included along with the cutting compound.. I made the mistake of stirring my 300 with a blue pencil... guess what ,  blue polish....(took the paint off the pencil in a flash)

The factory ( which has the highest prices)  says that all the Rolite polishes have finish protectors...

I would suggest minimizing the amount of hand rubbing... my shoulder joint has been acting up ever since the project... which was never completely finished...

If you are serious about the polishing, I would suggest biting the bullet and getting the Cyclo along with all the polishing cloth needed and skipping the manual, try everything phase....My worst was the big Sioux polisher with the sheepskin bonnet that snotted up and put some nasty marks in the aluminum....

One of these days the 23' Safari will get the polish and reseal from one of the professionals....

Regards,

Jim