[VAC] Re: ow Vehicles for 24 Foot Trade Wind

I wouild look at former utility or state vehicle from an auction or from a
dealer that specializes in them . They are maintained on a schedule , not driven
to hard by teenage sons , and are spec-ed out heavy duty ( but not plush in the
extra`s ).They trade them at 100,000 or so so they have some life left , a good
value for <5000 $ which does not buy much in the used market these days. 4wd
drive costs more , uses more gas ,has more parts to break ,and as long as you
dont put your trailer where it should`nt be anyway ,you should`nt need it .
    Thats what I did anyway , I got A 3/4 ton suburban which has given me two
years good service,and is good for another 100,000 miles ,I just had to put up
with our local power co.`s orange paint until I had time to repaint it (seafoam
green !).
    Anyway , I think that the vehicles you have looked at are too short or too
underpowered for your tradewind . After all that goes in restoring a trailer ,
why choose an unsafe puller , The first time you get passed by a semi or have to
stop quick you will see why everyone who puts any miles on their rig says get a
real truck ,or a BIG 70`s sedan. That tradewind is heavier than you would think
,when its in your rearview mirror .
Chris 90 burb cost 3800 in jan 99