[VAC] Re: Floor from hell

I've removed and patched 5 different rotted floor areas in my '62 Globe Trotter, the most recent area at the front.  Battery acid had leaked through cracks and corroded the channel at the floor between skins, and a leak in the water tank had rotted the floor in the front curbside corner.  Have you got the belly pan off?  That might give you a better idea of what you're dealing with.  On mine, there is a heavy steel plate riveted inside the outer skin to provide stiffening for the battery box (mounted under front window).  I wonder if some of your floor removal problem might be related to something like that?  Also, I noticed that there are bolts under that front channel (on the floor between skins) which bolt the floor plywood to the front tongue framework.  The bolt heads are hidden by that aluminum "sill plate" channel.  Awfully sneaky of them to do it that way.  You should be able to locate them and cut them from the inside with a metal-cutting blade on a Sawzall.  Good luck!

p.s. - did I miss something big while I've been away?  Is that THE Lefty F. in our discussion group?