[VAC] Suburban Success

Today I installed my 30 year old furnace back in my Safari and tested it.
It works like a champ.  It is an NT22A.

Among the problems I found was the motor did not work at all.  It had a
broken brush wire and it was very dirty.  I was able to fix the brush and
clean it up.

Next, there was an old wasps nest in the motor housing.  Cleaned that.

The hose from the motor housing taking the outside air into the combustion
chamber was dried out and broken.  I replaced it with a hose I found at an
automotive store.

I blew out the entire unit with compressed air.  I also tightened and
replaced stripped or missing screws.  I also cleaned the contacts on the
limit switch, gas solinod with a nail file.  And resoldered the air prover
switch.

After I put it in it fired right up.  The pilot was nice and blue and still.
When the burner came on, it was also blue along the length of the burner.
Above the burner an inch or so was yellow flame.  I don't know if this needs
adjustment.

I let it cycle once, and all seems well.  It got the temp up from 60 to 70
in about 15 minutes.

-Tim
tim@telecom-pros.com
http://www.telecom-pros.com/tim/tim