[VAC] Re: Suburban Furnaces

I noticed someone said they needed to build a support frame for a new
furnace and I wish to pass along what I did to mount my Suburban.
I too, needed to raise my new furnace and I did this with a plain old
brick.
I just put some 3M liquid electrical tape on the entire surface of both
sides so it would stay in place and put it on the piece of plywood that
held the old furnace. I then mounted the new furnace and attached it with
the supplied screws.
The furnace has not moved whatsoever for several thousand miles.
It was easy and quick and the brick will take the heat.
I do not know if this will work with a Attwood but it is worth a look.
I know I will never buy a Suburban again because mine was shipped without
one of the two clips that hold the front cover on and a call to the
factory resulted in nothing. They refused to send me the fifty cent part
and made out like I had lost it.
The factory Rep ask me what I did with the screw that goes into the clip
like I had lost that too.
I think they didn't like it when I said I had installed the furnace but I
do not care.. I would not let someone else put in something as important
as a gas appliance. I have no trust in anyone's work but mine due to
experience.

Sorry for ranting but maybe this will help someone out there stay warmer
this winter.
Mike Kent