[VAC] Re:

Hi Stuart,
Got my Astrodome from Inland RV the other day. It was appr. 3/4" too short.
I called and was asked for my number. After several hours got a call from
Andy, the owner. He explained to me the reason the Astrodome didn't fit was
because of the construction of the vent box opening. Said that on a few
early Airstreams they made them a different size. Suggested I take the box
apart. These early odd-sized boxes have seams on all four sides. He
recommended I take it apart and lengthen it to fit the Astrodome. They have
done this procedure several times at their shop. When I got home today and
looked at my vent box I noticed it has seams only on the long sides. As many
of you know, it is attached to the roof with Olympic rivets on the outside.
Not sure what to do at this point. As far as the gasket location, it should
be attached to the Astrodome. The vent openers should be riveted to the
Astrodome as the aluminum Hehr originals were, I believe.

Brad Norgaard
'59 Trade Wind
Phoenix
WBCCI #2699, VAC