[VAC] Re: sewing curtains.

Now you all are talking about my other love, sewing machines.  I currently
have over 30, mostly over 50 years old.   If you have in the family an old
Singer straight stitching machine, the old black kind, it will probably do
the job of making drapes for you. These machines are tough and simple to
maintain and can usually be bought for under $100.
Making drapes can be simple or complicated, depending on if you want all the
pleats like the originals.  I cut down some second hand ones for my AS and
eliminated the pleats, they do the job and look fine to me.  They do need to
be lined though, both for privacy and to make them last longer. My GT doesn't
have the bottom tracks so mine are really simple curtains.

1874 Weed FF Treadle
1893 Singer VS2/27 Treadle
1927 Singer 99 Handcrank
1950 Necchi BF Treadle