[VAC] Re: Gas Additives

As for gas additives I only use Chevron Techron in my main vehicle. I am
a chemist and I know a little about them so I would say that 99% of the
additives out there are nothing but kerosine.
It seems that the Techron has a good grade of detergents in it and this
is why it costs a bit more than the other stuff.

If you have a fuel injected engine it is a bit more important to use
Techron or just get Chevron high test to keep the injectors clean.. Their
high test has the same group of chemicals that the additive contains.

If you still run a carb. then do like me and just put a bottle through it
if you feel power fall off or have a hesitation problem. I rebuilt my
carb. so I know when it is sick.
75% of a carb. rebuild is cleaning out the gum cheap fuel imparts.

Mike Kent