[VAC] Re: holding tank

Bob,

The frame set up on your 53 and my 53 are the same. This is how the factory instaled the black tank and throne. In my opinion it would be the best method to install a black tank in your 53. I would think the factory method would work for any first style ladder frame A/S.
    The tank is mounted on the outside of the 4" C channel frame above the floor, with a plywood box built around the tank and the throne mounted on top. The dump  valve is located just below the floor with the appropriate control to operate the valve. That's the basic non detailed run down of the factor set up.
    The task of adding a black tank isn't that difficult just time conssuming. I'll assume you're not worried about accurate restoration, so the use of modern technology will make your job easier also.
  As long as the part of the tank the dump valve is located is on the outside of the 4" channel , you can postion the tank any direction that makes you happy.
  I think running "any" plumbing from the throne to the black tank is begging for trouble. I'm no expert ,but , I've never seen a trailer or motorhome with the throne mounted away from the tank. (any one seen something like that?)
    Also drilling or cutting large enough for plumbing holes in your frame don't sound like a good idea.
   I'm using an electric dump valve on my rebiuld , with an access hatch incase of a snafu with the valve.
       Trike