[VAC] Re: Argosy

Alright, alright, I'm biting!  I have owned two Argosys and two Airstreams and prefer Argosy, although I love both.

#1 - I am NOT into polishing aluminum.  I don't polish my silver, why would I take on a whole trailer?

#2 - If an Airstream gets a dent, you can whistle "Dixie" for the hassle of fixing it.  Argosy?  Put a little auto body filler, sand it and paint it.

#3 - Argosys stay cooler in the heat.  Maybe the white paint reflects better?  Dunno.

#4 - Argosys have a steel front end and rear end cap in the frame, and they do not get those road dings and dents from stones.

#5 - When Airstream was putting in all that heavy, expensive wood cabinetry and lots of other fancy trimmings and gadgets, they cheated in the Argosys by putting in cheap lightweight cabinets and no extras.  It is much lighter in weight and has less things to have to fix to make it "right" as a vintage unit.

#6 - As someone mentioned earlier, they have those big front wrap windows, and I LOVE light.  (Trailers can feel claustrophobic to me.)

#7 - The 28' models came with a rear bedroom option, and those units have the big wrap windows in the back, too!

#8 - An Argosy owner can belong to the WBCCI, which wasn't always true.

#9 - They are cheaper to buy than an Airstream!!!  And you can be VINTAGE!!!

    For your info, as far as I know, Argosys were only made from 1970 to 1979 in the wonderful Airstream-shaped body.  They might have come out square in the early 80's, but I don't know.  Argosys have all the same great Airstream undercarriage and tow like a dream.  The later Argosys from 1977 on are wonderful in their inside decor, plus they have all the regular stuff like black and grey water tanks.  Grey water tanks probably started around 75?

    If you can find one with additional options like the Vista View windows, fan in the bath, optional lights, etc., they are every bit as nice as an Airstream and much easier to maintain.

Elisa
77 Argosy, 28' rear bedroom