[VAC] Re: Battery Boxes

Gerald,
 This is a point that shouldn't be overlooked: dirt on top of a battery
tends to hold moisture. That will cause a very significant drain. I had
that demonstrated many years ago on a tractor that I have; it had a
6-volt battery of the old style with exposed cell connectors. It would
not hold a charge overnight, yet cranked the engine well if charged. So,
I removed it and carefully washed the top. It could sit for weeks and
still start 'er right up.

Keep that battery top clean and dry!!

                                     <<Jim>>