[VAC] Re: Battery Boxes

Chris,
 RV Solar Electric sells "Hydro Caps" for golf cart batteries. They had
them at the Fall Escapade for $48.00 per set, but I don't remember if
that was for 3 (one battery) or 6 (2 batteries).

A proper regulator on your solar system should prevent over-charging.
Mine is an el-cheapo, costing maybe $25.00, and I just about NEVER add
water to my batteries.

We nearly never have the trailer plugged into shore power, especially
during the summer. Our batteries are being maintained in a fully-charged
state, verified by voltage readings during use and periodic load
testing. Yet, no water usage. After 2 full seasons, about 18 months, our
batteries seem to be good as new. I've considered replacing them, as I
could use the old ones on a computer UPS in the shop, but I'd kinda like
to see just how long they'll go in the trailer.

                                       <<Jim>>