[VAC] Re: It's a Caravel!!(using Airstreams in winter)

Using Airstreams in winter..........

During the winter of 1993 we stayed in our Overlander full time here in
Wyoming (we were between houses, waiting to build, you see.)  I had replaced
the furnace with a 30000 BTU Suburban furnace and skirted the bottom with
plywood and foam core insulation, made storm windows out of heavy mill
plastic and insulated the access doors.  Althought it was an easy winter
with just one night down to -20 F...I think the suburban ran most of the
time on the coldest nights, anyway I have fond memories of awakening to
several inches of fresh snow outside.  The ground did not freeze under the
trailer which speeks well for 1" of foam core insulation with foil lining!
I bypassed the holding tank and sent the drain straight on out.  It all
worked very well and both my wife and still love the old airstream however,
I probably couldn't get her to do it again for love nor airstreaming!  Quite
often we rely on the same type of 1500 watt electric heater. FYI, Gerald