[VAC] CPVC Pipe in a Compressed Air Line

Jim,

I was with you on the CPVC until I got to the part about using it in a
compressed air line in your shop.  Although we mostly think of
compressed air as fairly harmless, it is dangerous stuff when released
suddenly because it expands so rapidly .  The American Society of
Machenical Engeers (ASME) has spent decades developing safety standards
for pressure vessels including those used for compressed air because of
this danger.  A failure of a plastic pipe carrrying compressed air can
launch sharp shards at very high velocity.  "Black iron" or galvanized
pipe is a much safer choice for compressed air lines.

Lincoln Soule
1977 Tradewind