[VAC] [Fwd: Stolen Bambi Report]

Hello gang,

I'm sad to find out about the fate of this what used to be a very nice
1963 Bambi. What an end for a nice little unit. Hope they catch those
involved.

Nice to see that the owner has already found a replacement. Sounds like
he got a Bambi II and is happy.

As our vintage Airstreams get older and when restored at times quite
valuable, ................we need to take extra precautions both on the
road & when parked. If anything ever happens we can't just go to the
dealer and get another. Over the years I've known of a number of
Airstreams that ended up getting "rear ended" while on the road and a
sudden stop is needed. Especially in traffic please keep an adequate
following distance so when there is a slow down you can do it easily if
possible. Having an adequate tow rig for the size of trailer is another
important factor. If you insure your vintage Airstream, ...............
have a detailed picture journal that lists the features & has a picture
to back it up. Keep this at home so it can be retrieved if needed. And I
hope it never will be needed. When parked always try to leave it in a
safe place.

Pat

Pat:  Thanks for the postings--I'm now in Santa Fe heading north
with my new Bambi--98% original, even with the original awning--a
'64 in very good condition $6500 but needs some upgrades and
a dining table.  Unfortunately, the Sheriff of Squamish called
at 0430am to inform me that the Bambi has been found, burned
to the ground in an apparent methlab explosion thattook another
trailer and the house that it was parked next to as well--they
have a suspect.  One less Bambi on the road--makes the others
worth more.  Thanks again foryour help--look forward to a rally
in the PNW.  Doug Leen