[VAC] Fresh Water Tank Replacement Parts

As I reported about a week ago, I discovered the bottom was out of the fresh
water tank in our ' 68 Tradewind. None of the Airstream dealers in the WBCCI
directory I called had the same replacement tank but some offered generic
substitutes that they thought might be made to work. The tank in a '68
Tradewind and I assume all ' 68 models and likely some other model years
with the front couch measures 53x24x6 and has the correct molded in
fittings. To make a long story shorter, I did a lot of web surfing including
a couple of trips through the Thomas Registry and located a company that
makes the exact replacement tank at a very attractive price. If you ever
need a replacement tank sized as above, contact the Inca Plastics Molding
Co., Inc. in Ontario, CA. The  phone number is (909) 923-3235. Very helpful
folks. Now you know a source that the parts people at several Airstream
dealers do not know about. In fact, I was told more than once that an exact
replacement tank had not been available for years.
I suppose they have other tanks as the company is a supplier to the RV
industry. If you are tracking vintage parts sources, you might want to add
these folks to the list.

Regards,

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind