[VAC] Suburban Furnace Questions

I went out tonight to try and start my furnance in my '71 Safari for the
first time.  I assumed it would not work and I was right.

When I turn up the thermostat, should I be able to feel air blowing from the
vents and hear a blower motor running?  When I do, I can bearly hear
something from the furnance but it doesn't sound like a motor.  And no air
from the vents.

I figured out how to pull off the front of the furnance with the latch at
the top.  But how do I slide out the inards for servicing?  Do I need to
remove the outside vent cover so the inside will slide out of the main
housing?

Thanks

-Tim