[VAC] Replacement Clearance Light Question

When I tried to replace the bulbs in my clearance lights, I discovered
that the years of corrosion and UV had taken their toll and most of the
assemblies needed to be replaced.  I was able to get replacements at
Airstream Dreams, but when I went to install them, I found that the
electrical connections are not very accessible.  The leads on both the
originals and the replacements are crimped onto the bulb holders.  The
lead from the trailer disappears into the skin with very little slack.
I guess I can cut the lead from the trailer and use crimp-on connectors,
but I wanted to know if anyone has found a better way to do it.

Thanks for your help.

Lincoln Soule
1977 Tradewind