[VAC] Tongue Jack

The 12V tongue jack on my 1977 Tradewind stopped lifting the tougue.  I
ran it up just before we left for the TOG rally and the limit switch
failed to limit the travel, creating a peoblem in the gear box.  The
second gear in the train is phenolic with a steel center.  The
connection between the two parts of the gear failed and it is now
operating as a friction clutch.  It can supply just enough torque to
raise and lower the jack when it's not under load, but not if the tougue
weight is on it.

Are new or rebuilt gear boxes available?  One problem is that I can's
find any ID on the unit.  The exterior has been painted, obliterating
any markings.  There is one part of the gear box cover that is not
painted and it has black and blue markings.  The unit seems pretty
solid, with a die cast aluminum cover.

Any suggestions?

Lincoln Soule