[VAC] Hensley Hitch Installation help?

Hi All,

I need some specialized help with installation of a Hensley hitch on my '69
Safari.  I have the style C hitch on an "A" frame of 4 inch height.  Hensley
thinks I need the inverted or undermount coupler.  I find that the lower
edge requires a 2 inch spacer for the "U" bolts to be useful.  Doesn't seem
to be the correct application.

The standard couplers seem to have a height of about 4 inches - wouldn't
require spacers?  The type of bracket shouldn't have anything to do with the
spring bars as they are fully adjustable.  The strut assembly is another
matter.  The strut will have a several inch drop from the hitch box to the
bottom of the bracket for the undermount coupler.  Whereas, the strut using
the standard coupler bracket would be more or less level with the "A" frame.

I'm thinking that the brackets for typical undermount couplers have "A"
frames that are more like 6 inches in height.

Also, the width of the "A" frame member is about 1/2 inch narrower than the
"U" bolts.  Is this a proper fit and necessary for the shear bolts to
function?  Or, do I also need spacers to fill the width.

Hope there's other Airstreamers who have already solved what I perceive to
be my problems.

                                          Thanks, '69 Safari, Joy