[VAC] Re: Hensley Arrow Hitch

Don:
I spent a little time worrying about that and I think you can make it a
little difficult, but not much... I would use a lock to keep the ball
receiver down and replace the quick release pins with cotter keys...I do
remember an email where a strut suddenly turned up missing...mine is in a
storage lot right now and gets a lot of attention from visitors...( maybe
if I paint it black, it won't stand out so much..I was told at the Hensley
gathering that the original hitches were black)

I have been advised to record the serial number and not rely on the label
on the hitch... ( which would be gone if the hitch was stolen...)  I think
you could make a claim on your insurance if it was stolen, but I don't want
to find out that mine is not covered for some reason... I think I will talk
to the insurance agent....would a hood or a trunk be covered if someone
stripped it off the truck???  Maybe a motorcycle locking cable would go
around the head and lock behind the frame during storage???  I really don't
want to take it off as part of winterizing....

Have fun with your hitch....

Jim Clark

jec1938@corecomm.net