[VAC] Re: Hensley Arrow Hitch

Don:

         I'd think the larger danger would be to have pieces stolen; that's
what happened to me, when a visitor to the Top O'Georgia stole one of my
spring jacks.  I now have locks instead of pins in the U-bolts, and use a
chain across the U-bolt locks and around the A-frame when I'm leaving it
for a long while.
         I keep a long-hasp lock on the hitch pin, which serves both to
lock the hitch onto the trailer, and to hold/guide my breakaway and
electric pigtail (it's ok to lock the Hensley, since you couldn't
effectively take it off in an emergency - finding the key and unlocking
your locked hitchpin would be the least of your problems. ;-).
         You're right to worry about theft, especially if your trailer is
left unattended in an unattended area for long periods of time.  Get a lock
for the hitchpin, and locks + chain for the spring bar jacks.  Someone
familiar with the hitch and having a really lot of free time might still
make off with parts, but it wouldn't be easy.

- Dick
(5368)