[VAC] Re: Towing in Overdrive

My advise is to ignore your owner's manual on this one point. Manufacturers
have flip flopped on this one over the years. They want to say that using OD
while towing is OK, if not it is seen as a weekness. So they say it is OK,
and people do it, many transmissions fail and the manufacturers reverse
their position. HOWEVER it does seem that in the last few years they have
gotten their act together. But to be on the safe side I would only try using
OD if all of the following apply:
    1. You have a heavy duty transmission (normally only found in
3/4 and 1 ton trucks.
    2. You have a transmission cooler.
    3. Your trailer weighs significantly less than your tow vehicle is
rated to tow.
    4. You service the transmission regularly.
    5. The tranny is not downshifting.

Scott