[VAC] Re: Shurflo Pump

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions about my pump.  As it turns out,
I was witnessing the death throes of the beast.  This morning, the
interval between start-up and quitting steadily decreased
until...nothing.  I checked the circuit and confirmed that there was 12V
and that the pressure switch was working.  I bit the bullet and went out
and replaced it this afternoon.  What a difference!  I had no idea how
loud the old pump was until I heard the new one.  Also, the shutoff
pressure is much higher and I'm actually getting some benefit from the
small Shurflo accumulator that I installed earlier.  Now, I can draw a
quart or two before the pump comes on.  With the old one, the
accumulator never made much difference, probably because of the low
shutoff pressure.

Lincoln Soule
1977 Tradewind