[VAC] suspension worries

First of all, thanks to the author of the transmission gage install. It was
a nice write-up and just the thing to get me motivated for my own filter and
gage install.

I have a recently purchased 68 overlander.  While creeping around beneath
it, I noticed that the suspension arms are deflected past horizontal.  In my
new, compulsive study of all things airstream, I have seen sites that say
this is a sign that you are overloaded, or that you need new torsion axles.
I don't have anything in the trailer, really.  So, is this OK, or am I
looking at big bucks?  Also, there is a slight flair of the body at the
wheel covers.  Is this normal, or has my poor beauty already been beaten
half to death by a tired suspension?

I have a few other arcane technical questions about furnace blowers and
black water tanks, but this is the most pressing one right now.

Words of experience and wisdom greatly appreciated.

Jon