[VAC] Re: Shurflo Pump Problem

OK, I ran 2 more tests, filling the water tank and then emptying it with
the pump.  The first time, the pump ran at full speed for 10 minutes and
then slowed to about half speed.  When the tank was about empty, I
closed the faucet and the pump slowly built pressure in the system until
it shut off.  Once it shut off, it would not restart when I opened the
faucet.  I turned off the pump switch and waited about 20 minutes.  When
I turned on the switch, the pump started at full speed as though nothing
had happened.

The second test was the same, except that when the pump started sucking
air, I shut off the switch.   I turned the switch back on after about 20
seconds and nothing.  After 30 minutes, the pump ran fine.  In both
tests, the pump motor never got any more than slightly warm to the
touch.  Any ideas?  I get the VAC list in digest form, so I don't see
your answers until after 8:00 PM.

'Nutter question.  What's the right way to fill the water tank?  If I
let it fill until it runs out the fill spout, I get leaking from the
belly skins that I assume is coming from somewhere on the top of tank,
possibly the vent.  If I run the level in the tank down enough to get
the water out of the filler hose, the leaking stops.  I  now watch the
tank level indicator (not incredibly accurate) and the top of the tank,
which is visible under the kitchen counter.  When the tank looks pretty
full, I run around and pull the hose out of the fill spout.  Is there a
better way to do this?  Is  leaking from an over-full tank normal?

Lincoln Soule
1977 Tradewind