[VAC] Re: 12V Refrigerator Questions (LP pilot off)

There are some folks on the list that work with fire and you may hear from
them...

Personally, I feel we all get a little careless if we manage to get to
adult status without killing ourselves... I have seen people smoke while
refueling, use gasoline to light a fire, leave the motor running while
refueling, and a number of other moves that I wished at the time I was a
long way away from ....

Imagine this... you are filling up with gas at the station on the road and
you go around to the other side of the truck to wash a window or you pop
the hood and get busy checking the oil etc... the automatic shutoff on the
hose fails to close and the gasoline runs down the side of the truck and
along the ground ( in the direction of the trailer)  ... the refer has
decided that the temp in the refer is not quite cold enough and the flame
is on full trying to get the temp down in the refer... it's kind of hot
outside and the gas is evaporating fast... just about the time you are
wondering what the hell that guy is yelling about, you find out the hard
way....

My opinion is shut the gas tanks off, shut the motor off, put out any
burning material ( like a cigarette) and stand there holding the hose until
the tank fills up... most of the time the auto shut off will work, but if
it doesn't , you will be glad you were there....

Most of us come to rely on the safety factor that is built into just about
everything we come in contact with, but if two or more things go wrong at
the same time, there is a chance that you will become a statistic...

As usual, I defer to the professionals on the list...

Jim Clark

jec1938@corecomm.net