[VAC] FW: Same language different electrics?

Hi my name is Steve Smithwick and I am in the UK,
I am a new proud owner of a  66 25ft Tradewind that is mostly going to be my
drawing studio and office.
I will run a 240v feed for my computers  TV etc but I would like to retain
the vintage lighting and fridge on the original 110 circuit.
I am changing the plug on  the 30amp power supply cable so I can connect to
a 240 to 110 transformer and the first thing I realise is that the colour
codes for the cable are different to Europe's.
Here in the uk they are, Live + = Red or Brown. Neutral - =black or blue.
Ground or Earth is always Green,
The power cord for city hook-up I have has Green, White, and Black.
I know this is basic but I would like to be sure before I blow any fuses!
Also recently there was a question as to whether the Battery was necessary
for the smooth running of the Univolt.
I have to get a gas fitter to check out  the furnace and hot water heater
before connecting the propane system.
I hope this will keep the place warm.
Greetings from England
steve