[VAC] Re: Installing a Transmission Temp Gauge

Dave,

I think what Jim was alluding to is that the transmission could
be burning up and you would not know it with the instrument
in the return line and not the feed line to the cooler??? It does
seem strange the instructions said the return line. I suppose
that if you know the cooling capacity of the cooler on a standard
hot day, you could mark the instrument to indicate a fluid that
is too hot to be cooled sufficently by checking it after it is cooled,
but not what I would call a normal installation.

George
'89 Excella 29'