[VAC] Re: Installing a Transmission Temp Gauge

Dave, you said the sending unit is tapped into the transmission cooler
return line. I assume that means the fluid has been through the cooler when
the temperature is taken. Is it possible to install the sender in the line
before the fluid goes through the cooler. Wouldn't that give you a higher
reading before it's been cooled? I'd think the maximum temperature reading
would be a more useful piece of information. Maybe the plumbing is such that
the sending unit has to go in the line after the cooler rather than before.

Jim Greene
01 IF-150 4x4
' 68 Tradewind