[VAC] Re:

Hello all

Westrich, 7093 here.

I read the comment, ref. automotive antifreeze damaging valves. Well, I did
a stupid trick in the name of being "clean" that I hope no one will try.

I used bleach water sloshing around in the black /gray tanks to save on
chemical. What a mistake. But a mistake with a happy ending.

I developed a leak in both slide valves, due to the bleach attacking the "o"
rings / seals. So, I removed the lower pan, removed the valves & appropriate
piping, &  rebuilt same. While I had everything apart, I noticed the two
trailer frame rails. What a great time to install a trailer hitch !!!!!! So,
I set about fabricating a nice welded hitch / receiver. Recessed & bolted
same to the frame rails with (6) grade 8 bolts, with (5) bolts across up
into the cross member & ran an extension cord  for the boat trailer lights.
Works great & the hitch saves a separate trip of 140 miles to the lake just
to carry the boat when we camp. Boat & trailer weight = 250#.  Tongue
weight= 12#.    Probably wouldn't have installed the hitch had I not had
everything apart.  Serendipity.
Ya'll take care.....

Jim Westrich...
Morganfield, Ky #7093.